Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Handlebar Risers  (Read 12502 times)

Offline Pappy

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Eustis, Florida
Re: Handlebar Risers
Reply #40 on: August 19, 2020, 04:29:41 AM
Easy to measure instead of just guessing. Tape a pointer of some kind up against the riser, loosen the riser and reverse and take a measurement from the new position back to the pointer.

Online Mudslinger

• Z900RS Member
Reply #41 on: August 19, 2020, 06:21:18 PM
So does turning the stock risers 180 apply to the Standard RS? Anyone try it yet? Bueller?

Online Mudslinger

• Z900RS Member
Reply #42 on: August 21, 2020, 12:17:02 AM
OK. So I just turned the risers around 180 degrees.  I have a 2020 RS. I was a skeptic because I couldn't tell by looking at the risers from the top because it's the bottom posts that are offset.
Anyway the results are that rotating them brought the bars back exactly a half an inch. There is no measurable difference in height up or down.
Did it make a difference? eh, better than no inches. Took all of 15 minutes only because I am fastidious when I work on my bike.

A hearty "Thank You" for the info to the OP.

Offline nick

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Trussville
Reply #43 on: October 23, 2020, 04:45:44 AM
Rotated my handlebar risers today 180*. For me, for how simple that was, worth doing for sure! Didn't need to adjust my throttle or clutch cable either. I did put the bars on my RS back on the same indention that the factory placed them. So I assume that's why I didn't have to adjust the throttle or clutch cable. A bit more comfortable reach to the bars now on the standard RS!

Offline luishcorreia

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: z900rs
  • Town / City: Lisbon
Reply #44 on: October 30, 2020, 06:32:43 PM
Hi. I also rotated the stock handlebar risers 180 degrees. I always feel the standard setup very comfortable but was curious of trying it. It was simple to do (for once)

Find it even more comfortable now. Although itís not a huge difference, arms are more relaxed and I feel more control over the bike. Also, unadjusted the bar inclination to what it felt good to me, I didnít marked the original inclination. Maybe that also helped.

Nice mod, and free.

I have some never used risers, but wonít use them. If anyone wants them please get in touch