Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Handlebar Risers  (Read 13714 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: PA
Re: Handlebar Risers
Reply #30 on: May 21, 2019, 01:20:53 AM
*Originally Posted by Andyb1962 [+]

I reversed the risers and pushed bars forward

Did you adjust the throttle?  I moved the mirrors but the throttle likes to stay in the one spot

Offline Tstang

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: '18 rs Black
  • Town / City: Ontario, CA
Reply #31 on: May 21, 2019, 06:56:07 AM

Further to my other post, these are the Rox risers on my V-Strom. I've had Rox on a Tiger, my V and I doubled them up (yep you can do that) on a Stratoliner I used to own. If I ever need risers for my Z I'll go with Rox again.

Offline Andyb1962

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Jaffa
  • Town / City: Rotherham
Reply #32 on: May 21, 2019, 10:23:46 AM
*Originally Posted by Bourbon [+]

Did you adjust the throttle?  I moved the mirrors but the throttle likes to stay in the one spot

I moved everything then readjusted throttle slack and free play once in the new position .
15 mins in total.   Been done for 3000 miles no issues .

Offline Bourbon

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: PA
Reply #33 on: May 21, 2019, 02:44:11 PM
For anyone looking to do the swap, the lower handlebar holder nuts have a torque setting of 26 ft-lbs
To get them aligned, the SM states to install the upper handlebar holders (without the bar) for the correct alignment

The upper handlebar holder bolts are torqued to 22 ft-lbs

Offline Kawabunga

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Westfield
Reply #34 on: May 26, 2019, 03:05:40 PM
Thanks for the tip, Plipton, and the how-to on the other thread.  Reversing the stock risers and rotating the bars a bit made a surpringly noticeable improvement in riding position and comfort for me!   :152: :002:

Offline 916er

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: z900rs Cafe
  • Town / City: Brewerton
Reply #35 on: June 02, 2019, 02:47:25 PM
I have a question for BMHS:  you said you did the conversion.  There has been many different ideas in this discussion.  What did you conversion consist of?  Did you rotate the bar holders and rotate the stock bar (I am talking about the Cafe model)?  Or, did you try something else?  Thanks!

Offline RCNS

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: Root Beer & Orange Z
  • Town / City: Nova Scotia
Reply #36 on: August 13, 2020, 08:31:35 PM
*Originally Posted by Bourbon [+]
For anyone looking to do the swap, the lower handlebar holder nuts have a torque setting of 26 ft-lbs
To get them aligned, the SM states to install the upper handlebar holders (without the bar) for the correct alignment

The upper handlebar holder bolts are torqued to 22 ft-lbs

Youve mentioned the SW risers but can you provide a model number? These are things that Id have to order online and vendors do not always have comprehensive fitment charts.

Thanks

Rob
Nova Scotia   🇨🇦

Offline Steeldragon1

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Staten Island
Reply #37 on: August 16, 2020, 08:36:41 PM
Does the 180 degree rotation work on the regular RS (non cafe)? I looked at my risers and they don't look like it would make a difference which way they rotated!

Offline De-Silva

• Z900RS Junior Member
Reply #38 on: August 17, 2020, 06:33:07 PM
*Originally Posted by Plipton [+]
Old post, so I hope you got this fixed. 

I flipped the stock risers 180 degrees and this brought the bars back about an inch which has helped a lot more than I expected it to.  Worth a try if you are not already sorted, and costs nothing to do.

Hi Plipton, would appreciate a side view of the new setup (180 degree reversed) when you get a chance so I can visualize what I'm shooting for... thank you!

Right now, I don't know if the previous owner did it or not, I see more curvature on the riser facing the front of the bike than towards me... not sure exactly what that implies.

Offline Jim K.

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: '19 Cafe
  • Town / City: New Haven
Reply #39 on: August 18, 2020, 09:46:26 PM
I agree. As I look at my Cafe's stock bar holders, I don't see where reversing them will give me anything close to an inch of change by reversing them. The yolk that holds the bars looks pretty near centered on the holders, so reversing them doesn't seem like it would help all that much.
Start out slow, then ease up.