Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Handlebar Risers  (Read 13720 times)

Offline SteelTraveler

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Texas
Handlebar Risers
on: January 13, 2018, 01:14:02 PM
I have owned my Z900RS less than 3 days and there's lot to love about it, but I already know that I will need handlebar risers.  At 67 yrs old the reach to the bars is a little difficult for me.  Neck begins to hurt after only 50 miles.  So far, that is the only negative thing that bothers me about this bike.  Performance of engine and transmission is stellar.

Has anyone investigated risers?  I need to move the bars "up and back" to get comfortable, but I have no idea how much slack is in the cables and wiring.  Any recommendations?

Offline Plipton

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS, KH500 & RE5A
  • Town / City: Guernsey
Re: Handlebar Risers
Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 11:01:50 AM
Old post, so I hope you got this fixed. 

I flipped the stock risers 180 degrees and this brought the bars back about an inch which has helped a lot more than I expected it to.  Worth a try if you are not already sorted, and costs nothing to do.

Offline SteelTraveler

• Z900RS Member
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 06:28:45 PM
Plipton, I haven't been on this forum in quite some time, so I'm just seeing your post.  Thanks for your suggestion.  Excellent suggestion that I haven't thought of.  I looked at the risers this morning and I believe that it would move the bars rearward approximately 1 inch, as you have said.  I may actually try this.  Thanks.

Offline Plipton

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS, KH500 & RE5A
  • Town / City: Guernsey
Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 07:54:36 PM
You're welcome.  I hope it helps you.

Remove bars and loosen the risers.  No need to take the risers off the bike as they rotate easily once loosened.
Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 07:57:04 PM by Plipton

Offline SteelTraveler

• Z900RS Member
Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 09:05:45 AM
I flipped the risers 180 degrees yesterday, as suggested.  Very simple, 20 minute job (including gathering the tools).  Moved the bars rearward about one inch.  Thanks, Plipton.

Offline Y2K18

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Kawi Z900RS
  • Town / City: Raleigh, NC
Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 01:00:01 PM
Interesting. I'll have to look at that over the weekend.

Offline SteelTraveler

• Z900RS Member
Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 09:56:21 PM
Just ordered these on amazon.com.  Handlebar risers that are "bike specific" to the Z900RS and only cost $38 (no shipping charge).  Certainly cheap enough, so I thought I would give it a try.

Offline exhdrdr

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900RS
  • Town / City: Silver City, N.M.
Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 10:21:08 PM
Steel Traveler could you let us know if these work out on the Z900rs without cable and brake line modifications?    I would really like a little more height.
                                                                            Thanks, Robert.

Offline Bourbon

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: PA
Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 11:06:31 PM
Scary stuff from an unknown manufacturer.  If they failed you would be toast.  I think I seen those same images on eBay. 

Offline SteelTraveler

• Z900RS Member
Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 11:22:10 PM
*Originally Posted by exhdrdr [+]
Steel Traveler could you let us know if these work out on the Z900rs without cable and brake line modifications?    I would really like a little more height.
                                                                            Thanks, Robert.

Will do.  It will be a couple of weeks before they ship (China).