Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Wilbers 4-way shock  (Read 811 times)

Offline Forks-by-Matt

• Approved Vendor
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Alexandria, VA
Wilbers 4-way shock
« on: October 18, 2018, 09:52:31 AM »
Right now Wilbers has a 10% discount going on (till end of Oct) and I can pass on an additional 10% reduction to forum members. It has both High and Low-speed Comp, Rebound, and length (optional) for $700-760 delivered CONUS. That compares to the K-Tech Razor-R and about $200 cheaper than the Nitron NTR3.

I have one on order but unfortunately I doubt I'll receive it in time to do a full review before the Octoberfest discount expires. But if you're interested, let me know.

https://www.wilbers-shop.de/en/Motorcycle/Kawasaki/Z-900-RS-ZR900C-wilbers-17/shock-absorber-type-641-Competition.html
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 09:58:14 AM by Forks-by-Matt »

Offline Forks-by-Matt

• Approved Vendor
  • Z900RS Pro
Re: Wilbers 4-way shock
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 07:31:07 PM »
If you're looking for just a 2-way (reb, length) then the Nitron NTR1 or K-Tech Razor-Lite are the go-to solution. I have a NTR1 with up-rated spring on my bike right now. So incredibly better than OE shock. The upcoming comparison should be interesting.

Offline IndyTom

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Noblesville
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 12:52:04 AM »
Any discounts right now on aftermarket rear shocks for the z900rs?  I am 6'1" and about 275lbs and those bumps are rough.  Wondering if there are solutions that would make the ride more comfortable for someone my size and weight.
I don't usually have a big smile on my face, but when I do I probably am riding my bike.

Offline Forks-by-Matt

• Approved Vendor
  • Z900RS Pro
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 02:31:31 AM »
The best I can offer is the Mother/Father/Memorial Day forum pricing. Which 1x% off. Free ship and no Paypal fees. Given your weight, I would recommend the Nitron over the K-Tech because of the extra oil volume and ease of adjustment. Not to say the K-Tech can't take it. If you ride hard you'll just be stressing it a bit more.

I'll have to ring Klaus if he's got something like the Octoberfest sale going on right now.
All shocks are sprung to rider weight.

x=3

Offline danketchpel

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Camarillo, CA
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 10:56:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Forks-by-Matt [+]
Right now Wilbers has a 10% discount going on (till end of Oct) and I can pass on an additional 10% reduction to forum members. It has both High and Low-speed Comp, Rebound, and length (optional) for $700-760 delivered CONUS. That compares to the K-Tech Razor-R and about $200 cheaper than the Nitron NTR3.

I have one on order but unfortunately I doubt I'll receive it in time to do a full review before the Octoberfest discount expires. But if you're interested, let me know.

https://www.wilbers-shop.de/en/Motorcycle/Kawasaki/Z-900-RS-ZR900C-wilbers-17/shock-absorber-type-641-Competition.html

Hi Matt,

I'd be interested in a price for the Wilbers 641 4 way adjustable shock with the X-PA mechanical preload adjust for my 2019 Z900RS.

I would like to know if it includes a mounting bracket for the remote reservoir and maybe how / where it mounts.

You can PM me if need be.

Thanks, Dan

Offline Forks-by-Matt

• Approved Vendor
  • Z900RS Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 12:02:43 PM »

The 'bracket' is more like rubber and slips over the frame rail, secured with a 1/4" wide zip-tie. The Nitron and K-Tech mounting system is all metal or metal+delrin and secured with the same bolts as the passenger pegs. Note I swapped the spacers  end for end (turned the shock around) so the preload rings are accessible at the back of the bike. I've asked Wilbers to do that at the factory but so far, no interest.

Pricing for the 4-way looks to be in the neighborhood of 1050 delivered, pending other discounts.
By comparision the Nitron NTR2 (no low-speed comp) is $900+100(HPA) and the NTR3 (same features as requested) is  1040+100(HPA).

for the same money I would go with the Nitron any day. The Nitron has the preload rings at the back and their tool is very simple and easy to use, unlike the big ring spanners you find on many other brands.

Is there a color-scheme you're trying to stay compatible with? All Nitrons I order come with the dark gray spring unless you specifically ask for the turquoise.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 12:07:13 PM by Forks-by-Matt »